Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Prayer of Jabez

PRAYER OF JABEZ
In the list of David's sons, found in the book of 1st Chronicles, there is one name that is elevated above all the others and spoken of most highly. It is Jabez. It says Jabez was more honourable than his brothers, and it speaks of his prayer to God. His short, simple prayer is similar to all of our desires and prayers. God heard and granted Jebez's request.

Jabez's Prayer

"And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested." (I Chronicles 4:9-10)

What was so special and different about Jabez? He was honorable. The Webster’s Dictionary describes honorable as: deserving, entitled to, attesting to creditable conduct, consistent with untarnished reputation. We learn from this that being honorable results in answered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment